02 August 2006

It's my nth day on the couch...

I've lost count of how many days I've been on the couch/in bed. It's over ten. I've never been out of commission for this long. I question whether I should just push through it, be miserable all day, and go to work, or if I should continue to stay home, bored, feeling sick and a little lonely. I feel guilty for not going to work, but when I went to work on Monday, I felt awful and vomited as soon as I smelled some of the areas of the building. I don't want to work if I'm going to be useless, but staying at home is not something I'm enjoying either. I'm kind of caught in the middle between feeling too bad to go to work, but too good to stay home. That being said, both of my trips to the grocery store last night about did me in. So now I'm bored and blogging. I don't want to be one of those people who gushes about pregnancy and gives friends, family, and total strangers the minute details of the horrible things my body is doing. I would, however, like The Thing (or Rocky) as we call the baby, to possibly have something in writing about this time. I'm hoping it won't turn into maudlin, gushing about the miracles of life.
So yeah, Rocky is 7 weeks old now. I thought about posting a picture of what it looks like now, but I'm a little concerned about copyright issues. If you do a google search for "fetus at 7 weeks" you should be able to find plenty of pictures, mostly put up there by anti-abortionists. So to recap...nauseous. Bored. Somewhat cynical. Going stir-crazy. Will post more observations (for example: This morning I saw a cricket walk under the TV stand!) later, but right now, must force Gatorade into my body. I hope I'm not hurting The Thing. I hope it turns out healthy.

No comments: