12 July 2008

Time

I picked up Mr. Independent (yeah, we're changing his name again)from a visit with Aunt Jen last week, and found my sweet boy's hair in ponytails.
Husband and I decided it was time. We spent the next several days arguing over who would do the deed. I first advocated taking him somewhere, then advocated having someone we know do it, then advocated taking him somewhere that another mom said had done a good job with her kid, and finally succumbed to the lowest common denominator and suggested taking him to Hair Cuttery (I imagine a shudder from anyone who reads this). The whole time, Husband insisted that he could do it himself. Doubting his skill as a barber, I secretly emailed the other mom to get the scoop on her barber.
Then, I stepped out of the shower on Tuesday afternoon. Husband walked over to me and told me to hold out my hand. I obliged, and he shoved a wad of Mr. Independent's hair into my palm. I screamed, and they laughed.
I thought you wanted me to do it, Husband insisted. I was trying to do something nice for you. I was just trying to give you a nice surprise.
Uh...you know how I feel about surprises, I replied.
It would be a lot easier if he'd just stand still, Husband complained. We put Mr. Independent into his chair and strapped him down. I grabbed the camera, and Husband got to work.





It took some getting used to, and Husband insisted that I could take it somewhere to get it fixed, but I'm going to leave it. He's 15 months old, not running for best hair of the year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*screaming*

He looks like a BOY now, not a baby.

Seriously though, he looks GREAT!

Jess said...

That is one seriously good looking kid!

Madge said...

he's so cute. every time you cut their hair they look older. it's heartbreaking until they are about.... oh, it's still getting me at 10 and 6...

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooooo!

I liked the surfer dude look!

I used to cut my children's hair at home...with the dog's grooming sissors....apparently they aren't keen on that, and prefer a hairdresser!

Hen (via Jen)

Caroline C. Bingham said...

CUTE!

Grace Ellen said...

Thanks for all the compliments on my kid. I think he's adorable, but I often wonder if maybe I'm biased. Should I be worried that the hair's already growing back, and it's growing back crooked?