04 January 2009

The genius of Wii Fit

My parents got me a Wii Fit for Christmas. I set it up last night while Husband went to pick up some take out. It's fun and difficult at the same time, and it has all the addictive qualities of a video game. I don't play video games much, but when I do, I find myself saying things like, I'll stop when I get to the next level, or I just have to beat this one thing, then I'll stop. And then it's four hours later.
Wii Fit seems to operate on that same principle. The games are very short-several are about a minute long, and it gives results immediately. So, for example, if I'm playing the game where I have to try to hit soccer balls that my Wii friends and family are throwing at me, while at the same time avoiding the shoes and Panda heads they're also throwing, I can see how I did at the end, and my instinct is to try to beat that score. I suck at that game, but I'm inclined to keep trying. I think I may get skinny after all.

No comments: