11 June 2007

An Honor Just to be Nominated...

My sister-in-law, who writes Jen on the Edge, gave me a Thinking Blogger Award. Woo-hoo! The last award I got was when I was three years old. I'm not lying. I got the "Best Costume" award in my grandparents' neighborhood Halloween parade. I was a tiger. This is what I looked like. That's me in the tiger costume. The very tired looking person trying to restrain me is my mom.

That costume won me a trophy. Go, me!
My childhood achievements aren't the point here. The point is that my sister-in-law gave me an award. But since the rules of accepting the award are giving the award to five other people who write blogs that make me think, I'm shit out o'luck here. I only read Jen's blog and ask moxie (referred to me by my friend Trish). I like Jen's because it is funny and usually contains stories about people I know. Occasionally I can see pictures of my baby on there, too. I will often go back and read posts that have made me laugh. Ask moxie is a good resource for parenting and helps to quell the freakouts a bit. Not completely, but it's great to know there's a resource out that to assure me that my baby is just a normal baby.
So I'd advise checking these blogs out, if you're so inclined. And you know of any other good ones-celeb gossip, parenting babies, pop culture, thoughtful religion, or just interesting, please let me know.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

If you look at my blog, I have list of my favorites there. Not listed is perezhilton.com, as I'm almost ashamed to admit that I read that stuff. But I do. Almost hourly, in fact.