26 June 2007

My Husband's Child

Husband loves to be right, and when I've said or done something especially dorky or stupid, he likes to prove me wrong. See my post about the reverse dictionary for an example of this. Today, when we gave Baby some "Tummy Time," which all babies are supposed to have in order to strengthen their muscles, he immediately rolled from his stomach to his back. That's not abnormal; he's been doing that for at least six weeks now. I got excited because he's been getting faster and faster at it, and he doesn't fuss as much as he used to when we put him on his belly. After Baby's roll over, Husband put him back on his stomach to see if he'd do it again. "He hardly ever rolls over twice in one session, " I said confidently. I had hardly finished saying the words, when Baby was on his back, smiling at Husband, and giving me a look that said "Haha, Mama, I made you look dumb." I think Husband and Baby bonded over this, and I definitely think Husband's now looking forward to a lifetime of him and Baby being right.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Don't you hate it when they're right? I know that's how I feel when I'm in your shoes and it's my own personal husband who's right. Again. Sigh.