18 July 2007

Double Standards?

Husband and I have a game we play with Baby a lot. It's called "Up in the Air Baby!" To play, one of us holds Baby under his arms so he's facing us and standing on our lap. We bounce him and say, "One, two, three, up in the air baby, up in the air!" and thrust him up into the air so he's horizontal. Baby thinks this is great and will occasionally pout until we play it with him. I learned pretty early on not to play this game immediately after Baby's eaten. I usually wait about 30 minutes or so. I used to get spit up on a lot due to this game and Baby's immature digestive system. Baby also tends to drool a lot when playing, and I've had him come very close to drooling in my mouth. He's drooled in my eye and hair and down my shirt plenty of times, and Husband finds this to be great. Husband has even been known to say, "I hope he throws up in your mouth," or "I hope that drool gets on you."
Today, Husband was playing "Up in the Air Baby!" with Baby, and I was watching. As I watched, a substance resembling watery cottage cheese came out of Baby's mouth and landed on Husband's face, shirt, and shorts. The part that landed on his face landed in his beard, very close to his mouth. Being a great wife, I immediately went to get Husband a spit up cloth to clean himself us. Being a not so great wife, I also immediately started laughing and said, "This is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life." Husband didn't talk to me for a really long time after that.

2 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

That's excellent! WHY didn't you take a picture?

NWest said...

That is just tremendous. Kudos to Baby.