20 July 2007

I'm sad...

Husband and his brother just left. It's 11:48 p.m., and they went to Wal-Mart to purchase the final Harry Potter. My job is to miss out on buying Harry Potter at midnight and stay home with Baby. Earlier today I seriously debated taking Baby and going with them. I had visions of Husband's brother taking a picture of me, Husband, and Baby outside of Wal-Mart holding Harry Potter 7, and years later telling Baby "we took you to get the last Harry Potter book as soon as it was released. I really wanted to go, especially since I've gotten the last two at midnight. In the end, I knew it wasn't the best thing for him. Sigh.
My job tomorrow is to watch Baby while Husband and Husband's brother read Harry Potter. We've already discussed how they will not be discussing plot points around me. We're doing our best to avoid spoliers, but I think Husband might be going slightly overboard. A few minutes ago, we were watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, and he mused, "You know, maybe we should go ahead and turn the TV off now." I reminded him that we are watching cartoon Network, not MSNBC.
So I'm sure that Baby and I will have all sorts of fun adventures tomorrow. We might go explore the neighborhood some or go to Short Pump to spend my gift card.
When I got pregnant, I should have considered how having a baby would affect my Harry Potter reading. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm the type who will get the book as soon as it's released and spend all day and night reading it. But like a lot of other things in my life, it's just not a possibility right now. Husband, however, has graciously agreed to take over all parenting (except feeding) once he finishes, so I can read. I can wait a day or two.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Well, poop. I just emailed you to see if you're done yet. I need to talk to someone and my husband probably won't read it for days.