05 August 2007

Adam did it better...*

*Click
Baby owns an obscene number of stuffed animals. When I was knocked up, almost every gift I got included a stuffed animal of some sort. The smallest is a little teddy bear that was part of a clothing/washcloth/towel/bib/hat set, and the largest is a tall Pat the Bunny. I started unpacking Baby's orange room last week, and I set Baby in his crib to play while I did that. Every time I found a stuffed animal, I threw it into his crib for him to play with. Baby loved on his new friends, and since I can't focus on a task for more than fifteen seconds at a time, I managed to get distracted and name Baby's stuffed animals.
"Okay, Baby," I'd say, "Here's Frog," and pitch the frog Caroline and Leighann brought to the hospital for him the day he was born.
"Here's Chomps," I said, and threw the stuffed alligator my sister bought him.
"Okay, here's Jellycat," I told him and tossed a stuffed monkey into the crib (Jellycat is Baby's favorite, despite my efforts to make Frog his best inanimate friend).
"Baby, meet Frogball." I bounced a ball with a frog's head and body into the crib.
"Here's Eeyore." Then Husband walked in. I introduced him to all the stuffed animals I'd named so far.
"Wait. Aren't I allowed to name anything?" he complained.
"Um, I already named everything. You weren't in here. Oh, wait, you can name this," I said, holding up a ring rattle with Tigger's head on it.
"Okay, that's Tigger."
"No it's not. It's a ring rattle with Tigger's head on it. Think of a different name," I instructed.
"Okay, Cockring."
I glared at him. "MY baby is not having a toy named Cockring." I was firm about this.
"Fine." Husband rolled his eyes and left the room.
I've since unpacked even more stuffed animals, and when I find a working camera and camera cord, I'll post Baby and his inanimate friends. Husband's been allowed to name a couple, so now we also have Athletic Bear and Flamboyant Lion. They're currently living under Baby's crib. Husband also named the ginormous cricket who's taken up residence in our house, and every night we have a loud visit with Hoppy.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Gen. 8:17 - "Bring out every living creature that is with you ... so that they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number upon it."

THAT is what's going to occur with the stuffed animals. When you think they're merely being stored under baby's crib, they're actually having a big furry orgy and increasing their numbers. Don't ask me how this happens, only that it does and baby's cousins now own on the order of 50-75 stuffed animals. And that doesn't include the dozens I've drowned in the river over the years.

(And, yes, even agnostics know how to quote the bible. Too much Baptist church growing up.)