12 May 2007

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is tomorrow, and I think this might be the year my dad finally stops calling to remind me and ask if I've secured a gift for my mother yet. I'm generally pretty good about remembering, and I have, in fact (mostly) secured gifts for my mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother. I found the perfect gift for my mother and mother-in-law at Bed Bath and Beyond last week. It's a fancy, high-tech picture frame that has some sort of memory function, so the owner can load digital pictures onto the frame. I imagine it can scroll through several photos, since it holds 256 megs in it's 5X7 frame. I figured I'd load the frames with my favorite pictures of Baby looking exceptionally cute and present the gift in absolutely no wrapping because it's rare that I can ever be bothered to find suitable wrapping for any gift. As an example: my dad's birthday gift, which he will be getting in a few minutes, will be presented in the bag that was given to me when I purchased said gift. But my lack of interest in wrapping presents isn't the point. The point is that upon finding this super-duper frame, I would become favored daugther/daughter-in-law. Go me!
Yeah, so I went back to Bed Bath and Beyond and found that this gift is beyond (insert obligitory sarcastic laugh here) what I could afford to spend, even using Husband's gift card. So, um, mothers, enjoy your book. Oh, and as an extra-special Mother's Day gift, I will throw in unlimited time with Baby whenever you want. Seriously, whenever you want. You can even hold him while he cries, or stay up with him when he won't sleep, which is pretty much all the time. After all you've done for me and Husband throughout the years, it's the least we can do.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Well, at least you're doing better than me -- I never, ever buy presents for the mothers and only barely remember to get cards. Furthermore, I've never once remembered Grandparents' Day. So, I really suck.