01 May 2007

My Lil Cross Dresser



This happened about a month ago...

he hospital where I had Baby runs a bunch of classes. One of them is called "Welcome to Motherhood," a group where women who have recently had babies sit around and bitch about their useless husbands. Husband has been encouraging me to go to this thing, since I still can't drive and can't leave Baby for much for than 20 minutes or so, so I haven't been able to really get out. After much hesitation, Baby and I went to this group this morning. While listening to other people cry (crying is something I, personally, prefer to do in private), Baby started fussing. I picked him up, and noticed that his pants were a little damp, but I figured he was just a little sweaty, since his pants were fleece. I fed him, but he continued fussing, so I bounced him, talked to him, and finally decided to check his diaper. In checking his diaper, I discovered that he had peed not just through his diaper, but through his diaper, his onesie, and his thick fleece pants. I was completely unprepared for this, and all I had was a spare diaper and a blanket. I stripped my child down to his new, unsoiled diaper, and began to wrap him up in his blanket. Baby has never liked being wrapped in blankets, but I had nothing else. By this point, everyone was looking at me, and I expect they were thinking that I am completely incompetent as a mother. I explained the situation, and several of the mothers knowingly gave me the advice: You should always bring an extra outfit with you, just in case (I'm now resigned to the fact that I will have to buy a diaper bag-sigh). At this point, I looked down to try to figure out what to do with Baby and debated calling Husband and telling him to get me out of there immediately, and I noticed something on my shirt. I didn't know what it was, so I picked it up, realized what it was, and immediately dropped it. While Baby was busy peeing through three layers, he also managed to lose his umbilical cord stump. It was totally gross. Finally one of the other mothers offered me a spare onesie that her daughter had outgrown. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but Baby is wearing a bright purple onesie with a little teddy bear on it. Very girly. I'm not sure I'm going to be returning to this group.
P.S. Does anyone know how to make pictures appear at the bottom, rather than the top of a post?

No comments: