24 May 2007

Stupid babies need the most love, part 2

A few weeks ago, we put Baby in his crib. He gave us two hours and twenty minutes before we woke up to a rhythmic thumping. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. I wasn't sure what it was, and Husband groggily mumbled something. Since it wasn't 2 a.m. yet, which is the beginning of my shift, I asked Husband to investigate. He didn't (he later said he was thinking about what he should do about the thumping). Eventually, I got out of bed and peeked into the crib. Baby was still asleep, banging his oversized head against the side of the crib. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. I rescued Baby, berated Husband for not getting up, and spent yet another night with Baby sleeping in my bed. Sigh. Husband likes to say that we should let sleeping babies lie. I don't know if this applies to sleeping babies who unknowingly bang their heads against the side of their cribs. Baby hasn't slept in his crib since, so maybe I jinxed it by picking him up during his thud-session. Maybe stupid Mamas need the most love, too.

No comments: