26 May 2007

Well, it is Kentucky...

I started reading an article on Yahoo today, but I didn't make it much past the first paragraph because I was so excited that I had to stop and Google the article's subject matter for myself. The subject of the article was a new museum opening in Petersburg, Kentucky, which validates a literal interpretation of the Judeo-Christian Creation story. The museum's mission is to show how science and the Bible are not rivals; rather, science proves what the Bible says. It apparently shows dinosaurs on the Ark, but I'm not sure how that works. I have to go to this museum; it's not up for debate. Husband, unfortunately, was not as enthusiastic about this as I was, and asked why he has to be involved when I have these ideas. Then I told him it was close to Ohio, and he said he'd be happy to take me when he and his brother-in-law go to Cedar Point.
I explored this museum's website for a few minutes, and while I didn't find any photos or virtual exhibits like I would at the American Museum of Natural History's website, I did find out that it's within 650 miles of 2/3 of the United States, costs $20 for an adult to visit, and offers a lifetime membership. If I wanted to, I could pay this museum $1,000-I am not lying-and visit whenever I wanted. Forever. For an additional $1,000, I could purchase lifetime memberships for Husband and Baby. Yep, I'm getting my credit card out right now.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

So, um, when exactly are your husband and my husband headed to Cedar Point together? I just spent seven hours in the car with my family, and permission for an amusement park trip was not requested.