01 May 2007

Who Needs Sleep? Part 1

Baby. Will. Not. Sleep.
Okay, that's a little unfair. Baby will sleep, as he's doing right now. Baby will only sleep if he is physically touching another person. Right now, I'm sitting Indian style on the couch with most of Baby's body draped over my right leg, his head sort of hanging off my right thigh, and his right leg and foot on my left thigh. His right arm is on my stomach, and I am balancing the computer on my left knee. I'd love to take a picture, but to do that, I'd have to get up, and there's no f-ing way I'm going to disturb this delicate balance. At least not until 8:30, when Baby will have to be rudely awakened, quickly fed, and thrown into his carseat because someone is looking at our apartment at 9. Now, if Baby was willing to sleep in his swing or carseat like he did up until last week, I'd be able to get the house into a position where it just looks like we're a little messy. Unfortunately, the house is now in complete squalor because...you guessed it...Baby will only sleep when someone is touching/holding him. I am certainly worried that the state of the apartment will give Landlord another cause to bitch and moan at us. Sigh.

No comments: